2007년 3월 13일 화요일

Needs analysis

While I’m reading this book about needs analysis, I could keep thinking why I’ve never tried this by myself to learners that I’ve met. Needs analysis can be regarded as such a natural and fundamental basis for a teacher and a curriculum developer. I can remember one time; it was almost the first time that I taught my students. After I taught my students Data management, I really wondered whether they were satisfied with my class or not, and whether they achieved their learning goal or not. I called some students who were very intimate with me and I asked them some questions what they liked and didn’t like, what they want to learn more, etc. They kindly and honestly answered my questions although most of them had only good and positive comments. Still, it was very valuable information for my further teaching with them later on. Now I’m thinking it was a kind of needs analysis after a program though it was for my own need and satisfaction. At that time, if I conducted some procedures like questionnaire, observation, and collecting their language samples, it could be even more useful and effective way to assess and evaluate my teaching. After graduation, as soon as I get a chance to collect the data for needs analysis, I will make a chance to apply what I read using triangular approach to get the best result according to their needs. It is certainly essential element to keep up with fast-changing trend of teaching field according to dynamic and various their needs.

댓글 없음: